What’s Singapore Rain Map?
This application shows rainy areas inside Singapore and notifies you of coming rain to your location. And transition of PSI measurement, which is a trend topic on air pollution (Haze), also is indicated as graph on it.
About version 1.5.2
- Support for not only “Landscape” but “Portrait”
- Fixed issue on uncontrolled stop of song on music player
- Added 2 display modes; digital information and wind direction as PSI information
- Improved display on more detailed information of weather
- In case of weather alert, the message will be shown, and by tapping it, you can reach to the relevant organization web site.
About version 1.4
- Improve the launch time.
About version 1.3
- Support Wide mode again.
About version 1.2
- Small bug fix
- In App Purchase bug is fixed on iPad.
- IOS8 Improvements.
- Weather information, updated every 3 hours, around your location is displayed on the upper area of your screen. In case your location is undefined or out of Singapore, information on “City” will be shown.
- An approaching thunder gives you its alert on the upper area on the screen.
About version 1.1
- The ranking of rain man or rain woman as well as your current location on the map can be listed every town.
- By clicking “Location” on the ranking of rain man or rain woman, the ranking every area can be displayed, where showing RainMap allows you to see the position of the rain man or woman in each ranking.
When you start this application at the first time, input your HandleName. This HandleName is used for rain man / rain woman ranking. In case you do not want to participate in this ranking, do not input your HandleName and leave it blank. Whenever you want, this HandleName can be changed on “Setting”. Those who do not need to share the location data could select Privacy/Location Services/ on “Setting” from your iPhone menu, and set “OFF” at SGRainMap.
As it is updated by 5-10 minutes, you can see rain transition for the past 60 minutes by animation, and the amount of rain fall indicated by color; blue, green, yellow, red from small to large.
IIn rare cases, when the service providing data would be under maintenance, correct date cannot be obtained.
We appreciate that you understand this situation.
Range of information on rain fall this application offers is mainly limited to domestic area in Singapore.
1) Flash flood could occur if prolonged heavy rain coincide with high tide.
2) Heavy showers generally imply high chance of lightning occurrence.
3) Patches of green areas that are small and static may not be due to presence of rain.The rate caught in a shower for rankings is calculated by own criteria our company sets in its way.
Wind flow visualization: earth.nullschool.net by Cameron Beccario. we respect this good projects. SGRainMap displays their carbon monoxide mode. And we get a weather information from this site: www.wunderground.com.