- Raspberry Pi B+ or Pi 2 Model B or Pi 3 Model B
- OS: RASPBIAN. we used NOOBS_v1.4, 1.5 and 1.9
- Requires: Avahi-deamon for Bonjour solver.
- Network: router and/or wire-line connection supporting gigabit recommended, or Wi-Fi connection with 801.11n 5GHz. So far, we have to consider about this article. Getting Gigabit Networking on a Raspberry Pi 2 and B+.
- Latency: Case of 720p and TurboJpeg encode, it's a few frames. but you should check it yourself.
The Raspbian Wheezy distribution allocates 64MB to the graphics processor and gives the rest to the CPU. It is too small for GPU. So we recommend it should be over 256MB. It's depend on your resolution you want to receive.
If you get some error messages; like a "JPEGOpenMax::WaitJPEGDecompressorReady exception: Waiting timed out", then probably your GPU memory is not enough.
Discussion: What is the optimum split of main versus GPU memory?
and How to Use Raspi-config to Set Up Your Raspberry Pi
. Thank you for your advice, Olivier Coucke